Nov 5, 2012

Halloween Weekend Recap

Better late than never…this was the recap of our weekend before Adelaide came.

On Friday, when Jon was done with work, we did our typical shopping/running errands and then out to dinner. We started at Best Buy to look at new cell phones. I was up for an upgrade now and Jon will be up for one December 1st. I was thinking about getting the new iPhone, but I was kind of ready for something different so I wanted to check out the Samsung Galaxy. After Best Buy we hit up Old Navy to get Aedan some fall clothes since it actually felt like fall this weekend! From there we went to dinner at Waterloo. The food is always so so, but the fact that they have a playground is always a win!

Saturday we had a lazy morning around the house and watched Aedan’s new favorite movie…Toy Story 2. He actually loves all 3, but we had picked up the second one the night before and since it is the new one, it is his new favorite. He is obsessed with Buzz. He pretends he has wings and button just like Buzz and he even calls Star Command before jumping off the couch or bed. It is hilarious.

After nap time, we headed over to Aedan’s school for their trunk and treat. We had told Aedan that after his school party, we were heading over my sister and brother-in-laws house for their neighborhood party. He loves his cousin Cooper so pretty much all he talked about at his school party was that he wanted to go see Cooper. We only ended up staying for about 20 minutes.

After a quick stop at home to get some jackets, we headed over to see Cooper (and my SIL & BIL). We all had a great time, but I was feeling pretty blah so we made it an early night.

My parents came over on Sunday and Jon and I went out to look at cell phones again. I ended up going with the Samsung Galaxy 3 and I love it!

When we got home, we headed out to our neighborhood’s Halloween party. It was pretty fun! They had a chili cook-off, games, and a hay ride through the neighborhood. Aedan even found a little boy dressed up like Buzz  and you would have thought he was some kind of celebrity. It was pretty cute.

I kind of felt bad since I dressed him up like Bob the Builder (since that was who he was into for so long) but Jon found a Buzz costume on clearance after Halloween and Aedan still won’t put it on so I guess I made a good choice. :) He does like to have the costume hanging on his closet door so he can push the buttons and call Star Command when needed. Ha!

I have zero pictures from the weekend apparently, but I did take a few when we went trick or treating on Halloween. I am so glad I was able to be home to go to a few houses with Aedan this year!

20121031_190054

Next year we will have two little ones to take trick or treating!

-Lauren-

No comments: