Jan 12, 2015

All About Daddy

Adelaide is going through a serious “daddy is my favorite” phase. She has always been attached to him, but lately…it is out of control!

I think it started the week of Christmas. She was pretty sick with RSV and would not nap in her bed. She was so tired and miserable so Jon started rocking her to sleep. She loves to be rocked. He rocked her to sleep and let her sleep on him for 3 or 4 days straight of naps. Once she was feeling better, she went back to sleeping in her own bed, but decided that daddy was a clear favorite.

Now, when I try to go get her up in the morning or after nap, she immediately tells me “no, you go” “want daddy”. So that’s fun.

Last week, Jon went up to work before the kids woke up one morning. So, obviously, I had to get her out of bed. She was so mad. The whole time I was taking off her sleep sack and changing her diaper, she was thrashing around and screaming. Let me tell you, it was a great way to start the day. Ha!

She was so mad that she went and sat by the front door, crying for daddy for a good 10 minutes.

20150107_074215

It’s funny, I remember Aedan going through a similar phase. Except he was all about mommy. One day I was leaving for a friends baby shower and Aedan was screaming as I walked out the door. Jon said he opened the door after I left to see what Aedan would do, and he proceeded to run down the driveway calling me. He probably would have run down the street, but Jon stopped him.

Adelaide is lucky Jon works from home and is usually around to give her random hugs and get her out of bed most of the time…

-Lauren-

No comments: