May 31, 2012

Show Us Your Life–Living Room

I am so excited that Kelly is doing this again! As you guys know we just moved into our new house in December. I can’t believe it has taken this long for me to take some pictures of the inside!

Honestly, most of the rooms look pretty much exactly like that looked about a week after we moved it. I think we had all the boxes unpacked within a couple of days and pretty much just put everything together like it was in our old house. The only problem is, this house is double the size of our last house (not that it is huge, our last house was just super small).  So everything looks a little small for the space it is in. There are a lot of things we want to buy/change out but we are going to take our time since we plan to be here for the long hall (plus money doesn’t grow on trees and furniture is expensive). :)

So…here is our living room now. Of course I waited for a nice cloudy/rainy day to take these pictures so the quality is not the best, but you get the idea.

_MG_6548_MG_6549

Eventually we I want to get a big U-shaped sectional like this…

Since the space is a long rectangle I think this would be perfect. I also want to move our sofa table behind the loveseat area because I don’t like looking at the back of the loveseat. This would give us a place to put a lamp and drinks for those sitting on that side of the section since our end table would move to the opposite side. But, the sofa table is living in our entry way right now because it makes the perfect place to drop off keys and mail.

Since we plan on getting the section in the next year or so (well I plan on it, I’m not sure how Jon feels about that timeline, haha), I don’t really want to invest in a new rug (we need a bigger one for the space) or curtains, since I am not sure what color sectional we will get. So everything is kind of at a standstill for now. Which is fine. It gives me time to browse around and find exactly what I want.

Oh and in the pictures, Aedan’s train table is all set up and looking cute. He and I put it together right before nap time so I could take a picture of the room before he rearranged destroyed it. He loves to either build his own track or take everything off the table and use it for his cars and blocks or just sit on it and read/watch TV. Such a boy. :)

-Lauren-

No comments: