Aug 19, 2013

Grocery Shopping

When I was little, the grocery story near my parents house had little shopping carts for the kids to push while their parents grocery shopped.

Aedan walks with me now when we run errands or grocery shop. He does pretty good for a 3 year old, but often he is darting in front of carts or trying to walk right in front of my cart and then randomly stopping causing me to run into him.

He goes back to school in 2 weeks (where did summer go?!?!) and I will probably plan most of my grocery shopping/errand running while he is there. Since taking one kid is much easier than two and this one is pretty good at just sitting in the cart.

20130802_174258

Anyway, last week I decided to let Aedan take his little grocery cart with us to HEB. He did so good. He stayed right with me (although a couple of times he did tell me he needed to go the opposite way, but when I reminded him to come with me, he did). He helped me pick out the groceries and he put a few things in his cart. When we got to the check out line, he put all of his items up on the belt and then the bagger even put a bag of groceries in his cart to take out the car. It was a pretty fun trip. May just be something we keep up for awhile.

20130813_102419

-Lauren-

No comments: