Aug 14, 2013

The Sitter’s House

It’s been awhile since I talked about our childcare situation on my blog.

Aedan started going to his sitter’s (ReAnna) house twice a week when he was about 12 weeks old. We love her! He went right up until I had Adelaide.

Then I took a few months off of work and when it was time for me to go back, we decided it would be nice to have someone come to our house to watch both kids. Adelaide was so young and Jon was traveling a bunch, I needed someone who could watch them while I worked, and  help me out here and there in the evenings when Jon was gone.

Enter ReAnna’s daughter Katelyn. Katelyn has been babysitting for us since Aedan was about a year or so. We love her too! This last spring and summer she was taking some classes at the ACC campus near our house. So she came over and watched the kids while I worked a couple of times a week and she helped me out when Jon was on his international trips. She was great!!

She headed off to Texas State this past week, and since Adelaide is older now, we decided to send the kids back to ReAnna’s house. I think it is so good for Adelaide. Since she has been going, she has been doing much better when I take her to the Y (as in I can actually finish a Zumba class).

We have been so blessed to find such a wonderful family to help watch our kids! I don’t know what we would do without either of them!!

I picked Aedan and Adelaide up from ReAnna’s house on Monday afternoon and then was what the backseat looked like when we got home…

20130812_172016

It was a quiet ride home. :)

-Lauren-

No comments: