Oct 18, 2013

A Year Ago Today…

I woke up with real contractions early in the morning. They kept coming and were pretty regular. After a couple of hours we decided to head to the hospital. I had been at 4cm at my last doctors appointment and when we got to the hospital I was at 5cm. Unfortunately I wasn’t quite to 37 weeks so they didn’t want to break my water or anything. Eventually the contractions died down and we left the hospital with me at 6cm. And I walked around at 6cm, having random bouts of contractions for the next 12 days. The longest 12 days of my life!

This year, I am thankful for my almost 1 year old, that decided her birthday should be October 30th instead of October 18th. I am thankful that she has been such a healthy and happy baby. But most of all I am thankful that this year I am enjoying skinny jeans and boots, wine and sleeping on my stomach and most of all not walking around carrying a watermelon at 6cm dilated!

Happy almost birthday Adelaide!

20131005_122719

-Lauren-

No comments: