Jul 29, 2014

Our Weekend & Happy Birthday!

We had a really nice weekend. Jon had to work up at the office all week and since he is usually at home everyday, it felt like he was out of town! He would leave around 6:30 every morning and not get home until 8:30 or later most night (a group of his team was in town and they had dinners and such to go to every night after work).

Needless to say we were all ready for the weekend!

Saturday morning we just hung around the house. I got some cleaning and laundry done and Jon did some yard work. Then, Saturday night, one of the guys from Jon’s team brought his family over. He is from Orlando and since he was going to have to in Austin for 2 weeks, his family made a vacation out of it. We had a great time hanging out. They have two older boys that Aedan LOVED and an older girl that gave Adelaide lots of attention.

On Sunday, I took Aedan to see the new Planes Fire and Rescue movie. We always go to the Alamo Drafthouse and we ordered popcorn and pickles (both of Aedan’s favorites!). The movie was cute and Aedan really liked it. It was a fun little mom/son date.

I can’t wait until Adelaide is old enough to go to the movies and we can do things like this as a family. Of course, judging by her attention span when it comes to watching TV shows, it will be quite a while before she is ready for the movie theater!

We’ve got a busy week ahead of  us and then I am heading down to Houston to visit my sister for the weekend. I am so excited! After that we only have 4 more weeks of summer vacation…where did the time go?!?!

And of course, I wanted to wish a very happy birthday to my mom! Her birthday was yesterday but I was able to hang out with her last week and give her, her present. My sister and I went in together and got her an Erin Condren teacher planner. It looks so fun! I can’t wait until it comes in! I am tempted to buy myself one of their life planners. They just look so fun!

Happy Birthday Nenna! We love you!

SchmittPhoto-032507-198

-Lauren-

No comments: