Sep 13, 2008

Things to be thankful for...

I am so thankful my grandparents decided to leave their home in Galveston yesterday morning. They were determined to wait out hurricane Ike, but after lots of persistence from my parents, aunt and myself they finally decided to drive up to the Woodlands and stay with some family friends. While we are so thankful they made it safely off the island without injury, we are worried about the condition of their home. My parents are going to be driving down to Houston sometime next week and either bring my grandparents up to Plano or head to Galveston to assess the damage. Given that my grandparent's house is a mere 2 blocks from the seawall I know they will have received some damage the question will be how much damage. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks...as they get older it is increasingly difficult for them to bounce back from something like this. On top of that, my grandfather recently had knee replacement surgery and is still recovering. I will post an update as I hear from my parents.

No comments: