Oct 5, 2008

a whirl wind of weekend

We have been so busy over the last few weeks.
Last weekend was
ACL and it was great! Amanda came in for the weekend and we had a blast seeing some great bands play. Some of my favorites were Iron and Wine, Alison Krauss and Robert Plant, The Swell Season, Beck, Band of Horses, Gnarls Barkley, and the Foo Fighters. This year the festival was two weeks later in September and the weather was so much better. While it was still hot it was definetly more bareable than previous years. They have just released the dates for next year and it going to be the first weekend in October! How amazing is that! The weather should be great.

This weekend I helped throw a
baby shower for a girl in my small group. It was at our house so it was fun to show off my painted kitchen and living room. I feel like both rooms are officially done decorating wise. We still want to put down wood floors but that will have to wait until next year. The shower was really fun and I think we did a great job. The only annoying thing was that 15 people RSVPed and over 24 showed up! Seriously...don't people RSVP anymore. I mean its not like it takes much time to call and say "yes I am coming or no I can't make it"! Annoying!

This weekend I also finished up my portion of a project. I was stressed out all week trying to get all the observation hours in and paper work done. I feel so much better now that it is done.

My grandparents were finally able to head back to Galveston this week. They drove back on Wednesday with my aunt. The good news is their house did not have any major damage. Unfortunately they had only been there 1 night when my grandfather got really sick and ended up having to go to the ER. Since Galveston is still limited in medical personnel they sent him to Clear Lake. On the drive over they got stuck in a 2-hour traffic jam! Luckily they made it and he is doing much better...they think it was just a stomach virus. No sooner had they made it back home when my grandmother started to get sick...luckily she has not gotten it so bad. My aunt has been amazing through all of this! She opened her home and let them stay with her when they had to leave Galveston. She cooked and cared for them during their 2 week stay in Austin. She has extended her stay in Galveston twice now due to the virus. I am not sure what they would have done without her help!

I am looking forward to an easy week. My classes got canceled 1 day this week, which means only driving down to San Marcos once! I also have slower week for work...hopefully I will be able to be productive!

No comments: