Jun 27, 2014

VBS

This week, Aedan had VBS. This was the first year he was old enough to go and I was a little nervous about how he would like it.

If it were up to him, he would love to just stay home and play all day, everyday. He doesn’t like new situations much. This VBS is at the same church he goes to preschool at, and I knew a bunch of his friends were going to be there, so I hoped he would have fun.

Jon had to take him the first morning since Adelaide had an early speech appointment. Jon said Aedan lost it when he dropping him off. I was nervous about what I would find when I picked him up later that morning.

Turns out, he LOVED it. He has been so excited to go every morning and when I drop him off. My usually super clingy child has given me a quick hug and then run off to his group before I can even say bye.

Every afternoon, he wants to talk about it and his new best friends (aka, the two high school boys that have been helping out his group). He keeps asking if we can invite them over to play soon. He keeps telling me, he LOVES school. Ha! He may have a rude awakening when he goes back in September and all the high school helpers aren’t around.

This is him, with his new BFF and his good friend Keagan. He said they were playing monsters.

I think he may be a little bummed when he realizes VBS is over. I am so thankful, we have found such a wonderful community out here and great places for our kids to get involved. I know this will be something he looks forward to each summer and maybe one day he will be that high school volunteer and become someone else’s BFF.

Lauren

No comments: