Aedan will be 4.5 in about a month. I haven’t done an update on him in a while, so I thought this would be a good time.
He is at such a fun age. Don’t get me wrong, he has his moments, but for the most part, he is fun to be with, and take places.
Aedan, here is what you have been up to lately…
- You wake up between 7/7:30, but you are pretty good at staying in your room (or at least not coming into our room) until your bunny clock wakes up at 7:30.
- You were napping from 1-3 everyday, but then a few weeks ago, you just stopped. You have napped a handful of times since then, but I think you are pretty much done with naps. I still have you do rest time every afternoon and you do a pretty good job of playing quietly in your room for 1.5-2 hours.
- When you take a nap, bedtime is 8:30ish and you are usually up taking for a long time after that. On the no nap days, we try to have you in bed by 7:30 and you are usually out by 8.
- You have become a much better eater these days. You don’t like chicken, but will at least try it and you will eat other meats. You actually finish most of your meals everyday which is a nice change.
- You have such a huge imagination. You can seriously play with anything. You love to play with your Legos and sometimes will stay upstairs playing alone for 1+ hours at a time. You have gotten really into building with blocks lately too.
- You still love to pretend to be a fireman. You pretend that the little shopping cart is your fire truck and you fill it with all sorts of equipment. You dress up in your hat, coat and boots all the time.
- You are really good at watching out for Adelaide and helping her if she needs it. She is good at destroying your creations and getting into your stuff and sometimes you lose it with her, but most of the time I hear you ask her nicely to stop (although she doesn’t usually listen and I have to go help you out).
- You start school in about 2 weeks and I still can’t get over the fact that this will be your last year before kindergarten. I am going to be a mess at this time next year!
Aedan, you are such a sweet and loving boy. You can be wild and crazy sometimes but you can also be so thoughtful and kind. You have grown into such a kid over the past year. I love all the conversations we have, and the stories you tell. You are our special little guy and we just love you so much! Love, your mommy.