Apr 11, 2010

Things We Love

Aedan is just about a month old and I just thought I would share a few of the things we use on a daily basis and love.
I love the Bravedo nursing tanks. I have a couple of them and wear one just about everyday, either under a t-shirt or hoodie. They make nursing super easy and I don’t feel like I am getting undressed every time my chunky monkey wants to eat.
base_media
When Aedan goes down for a nap, I usually turn on his Sleep Sheep. It makes a few different sounds, but I usually use the heartbeat sound.
9201516013277P
At night and for his longer naps, we swaddle Aedan. He sleeps longer when he is swaddled up and I think it helps him fall back asleep after his night feedings. We started by just using regular receiving blankets, but he always got his arms out and they were kind of thick so we switched to a Swaddle Me (so he wouldn’t get hot). He could still get his arms out of that, but it worked pretty well. Earlier this week I picked up a Miracle Blanket since we only had one Swaddle Me. I really like the Miracle Blanket! He can’t get his arms out and it is easier to rock him while he is laying on our chests (since he has some reflux he needs to stay upright after eating).
11008916545937P
After trying 3 or 4 different types of pacifiers, we finally found one that Aedan loves. He always has his hands up by his face (even in his ultrasound pictures) so I just knew it would only a matter of time before he started sucking his thumb. I would prefer he suck on a pacifier rather than his thumb. I know how to fade out a pacifier when he gets older, I’m not sure how to take away a thumb. :)
Anyway, he only uses the pacifier when he is really upset, like after we take him out of the bath or after a diaper change (he has had a pretty bad diaper rash so changes are not so fun for us or him). This is the only pacifier that will take. It’s perfect because the little frog rests on his chest/belly and helps hold the pacifier in since Aedan tends let it fall out of his mouth.
green-frog
He will even grab onto the frog…too cute! (sorry for the poor picture quality, I took it with my iphone)
26117_792284134177_9634942_43553583_4961798_n
We also use our playmat everyday for tummy time or just when I need to get something done. Aedan also likes to sleep on his stomach so I let him take short naps on the mat (so I can keep an eye on him).
Infantino-Twist-and-Fold-Activity-Gym-in-Vintage-_-Blue
Those are just a few things we have used on a daily basis and have helped us get through the first month. I can’t wait to see what our favorites will be next month.
-Lauren-

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

c also has that paci! he will hardly take it (except when really upset as well). he gets lazy and lets it fall out so it sort of defeats the purpose! haha. he also finds his thumb and sucks it which i am not a fan of!

i also put him on his belly on his play mat for tummy time and short naps too :)

The Haynes Family said...

awww! great stuff!! :) Glad to see that nursing is going well... I am still addicted to tank tops under clothes even though I'm not nursing anymore - haha! I miss the days of tummy time too :) Sounds like Mr Aedan is a very happy, very loved little boy!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Thanks for the tips! Those all seem like great things. I've never seen the paci holder - love it! What a cute picture of him using it. Oh, and I LOVE the pictures of his nursery!! GREAT job!! :)