Nov 20, 2011

Apparently one post a week is becoming my normal! Things have been pretty busy around here and I have a feeling they aren't going to slow down with the holidays right around the corner! How can it already be Thanksgiving week?!?!

I'm not too sure where to begin with an update...

Aedan is been doing much better and totally back to himself. I'm glad we are all feeling well and I hope it lasts though the holidays.

Work has been going well, and I only have one meeting tomorrow, then I am off for the week! My goal is to get some Christmas shopping done on Tuesday and Wednesday, then we will be hanging out with my side of the family Thursday and Friday and Jon's side Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait!

The other big news is that we put our house up for rent. We have been saving up for a new house for awhile now. We love our house, but it's a little small for our two parents working from home, one loud toddler and one big dog family.

We started causally looking about a month ago and we found an area we really like. It's a new neighborhood and we feel in love with one of their floor plans. It is totally my perfect house. As an added bonus the schools are excellent.

They actually had a spec home with everything we wanted and tons of upgrades, up for a quick move. We came really close to putting in an offer, but ultimately decided it wasn't the right time. The builder came way down on the price, but it was still at the top of our budget. We could have done it, but it wouldn't have been the best financial decision.

So for now, we are going to see if we can get our house rented out. We are pretty excited that we will be able to keep it as a rental since that was our long term plan when we bought it five years ago.

We are going to keep looking at options, but right now we are leaning towards building (although we keep flip flopping so who knows, we may end up staying here for a couple more years and then moving).

My goal is to write some posts with pictures this week, but if I don't, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

-Lauren-

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:An Overdue Update

No comments: