Apr 28, 2012

Oh Hi!

It’s been awhile!

We are all doing well and I have been meaning to get some posts together, but I just haven’t had much energy to do anything extra lately.

I had my 12 week appointment this last week. Everything looked good. I am down 7 pounds, which is about what I lost with Aedan at this time also. Guess I finally lost that last bit of baby weight from him. Haha! I had no trouble packing it on in the third trimester with Aedan so I am not too worried. :)

Jon thought he was going to be able to watch Aedan for me while I went to the doctor, but he ended up needing to lead a conference call. So Aedan came with me. He was really good, but I hope to not have to take him to every appointment.

First there was the challenge of getting a urine sample while trying to keep my curious two year old from unlocking the door, or touching everything including a urinal (what ob gyn office needs urinals in their private bathrooms??).

Then of course, Aedan had to say “hi” to everyone in the waiting room. When we got called back, he had to tell everyone “bye”. Can someone please tell me how Jon and I ended up with such an extroverted child??

He was super interested in the blood pressure cuff and the Doppler (baby’s heart rate was around 160 by the way). But what he loved most was sitting on the table. He had a fit when we had to leave. Silly boy.

photo (20)

I was hoping I would be one of those people who stopped being sick at 12 weeks, but that hasn’t been the case. Sigh. I have had some good days so hopefully I will start having more good days than bad days, sooner rather than later.

After my doctors appointment, Aedan and I went by and signed him up for preschool for the fall. I really liked the place we looked at a couple of weeks ago and I think it is going to be great for him. Plus it will give me a couple of mornings a week to get work done with only a newborn at home instead a newborn and a toddler.

-Lauren-

No comments: