Dec 19, 2012

What’s Been Going On

  • I turned 29 on December 6th. I wasn’t planning on us doing much to celebrate since we have a newborn, but my parents volunteered to come babysit so Jon and I could go out. It was so nice. We went to dinner at BJ’s Brewery. We got appetizers, pizza and beer and of course a pizookie. It was delicious. Afterward we did a little Christmas shopping before heading home.
  • We just finished up season two of Walking Dead…so good. We decided we didn’t want to wait for season three to get to Netflix so we signed up for Amazon Prime so we could just buy the season. So far, we still love it. And I love that we have Amazon prime because it means free two day shipping on just about everything…which means I am done Christmas shopping! Yay! Now I just have to find time to wrap everything.
  • Aedan and I spent last Friday cleaning out the playroom. I filled a huge box with toys for us to give away, and got everything else organized a little better. Now we have more room to play and an easier time cleaning up. Last year, since we had just moved I didn’t get it cleaned out and once we got Christmas gifts and then a couple months later, birthday gifts the room looked more like a closet than a playroom. Hopefully I can stay more on top of it this year.
  • Jon volunteered to do Adelaide’s night feedings Friday and Saturday night and both nights she only woke up once, giving us 6-7 hour stretches each time. Unlike the week nights before when I was up with her 3 times…sigh. I do think we are getting close to her sleeping longer stretches so hopefully just a few more weeks and 7 hours will be the norm.
  • Aedan was watching toy story last and insisted on wearing his Buzz costume…cracked me up. I can’t wait to show him pictures like this when he is older (that and videos like this one).

IMG_20121214_130315

  • On my list of post to write I have Adelaide’s two month update (how is it time for that already) and highlights from 2012 (this post takes me forever to write, but it is probably my favorite to go back and read so it is totally worth it).
  • This is Aedan’s last week of school until mid January. He has a Christmas pageant on Thursday that I can’t wait to see!

-Lauren-

No comments: