Dec 31, 2012

A Look Back at 2012

I started my blog in 2008…almost 5 years ago, which is crazy because it doesn’t seem like that long ago at all. In December of 2009, I started recapping highlights from the year in one blog post. I love going back and reading them so even though these posts take me a while to write with all the links and pictures, it is totally worth it. Basically this is our family scrapbook, Aedan and Adelaide’s baby books and my hobby, so I hope to keep it going for many years to come.

Here is what we did in 2012…

In January, we were just getting settled in our new house. Aedan and I started to go to story time at the local library and I joined a local mom’s group. Aedan found his favorite spots to play inside and outside at the new house. Oh, and I tried to jump on the project 365 bandwagon, but it didn’t last long. Ha!

_MG_6288

In February, I shared our love story and wrote a love letter to Jon. Jon celebrated his 31st birthday and we went to visit the ducks at the neighborhood across the street. We bought a few things for the house, Aedan got RSV, which was awful and I did his 23 month update. Oh and I found out I was pregnant, but I didn’t post about it for awhile. I actually found out while Jon was out of town and since I didn’t want to tell him over the phone, I had to wait a good 4 days before I spilled the beans (although I did end up telling my sister earlier that week…I had to tell someone!).

_MG_6141

In March, Aedan turned two and we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We had Aedan’s party and I showed of his “homeless cart”. I also got to hear Adelaide’s little heartbeat for the first time and finally got to share the news with everyone.

_MG_6491

In April, I didn’t post much because I pretty much felt awful. I did post a 9 week and a 10 week pregnancy update. I took Aedan with my to one of my doctor appointments and talked about how I wanted Phillip Phillips to win American Idol (and he did!).

photo (20)

In May, Jon and his best friend went on a camping trip, we celebrated Mother’s day, my sister graduated with her masters. Aedan showed off his guitar playing skills, and I showed off our living room.

_MG_3396

In June, I shared our bedroom, the playroom, kitchen and dinning room. I made it half way through my pregnancy and we found out it was a girl! Aedan spent the night with Nenna and Pop for the first time without us and I talked about how he calls me dear (he actually doesn’t anymore, but he does still call Jon “dear”, “don” or “mody (half mommy half daddy). :)

photo 4

In July, we spent a lot of evenings outside, I did a 23 week update, I showed off our bathrooms and foyer. We celebrated the 4th of July, Jon had to do a lot of traveling, I did a 411 post and I talked about how Jon and Aedan are best buds (which they still are).

photo (1)

In August, Jon had to do some more traveling, I showed off our back porch and the laundry room, we moved Aedan from his crib to a big boy bed, I redid Aedan’s old dresser for Adelaide’s new room, and we enjoyed the last few days of summer. \

photo 2

In September, I showed off our bonus room, got to be in a commercial, and shared some of my favorite beauty products. I did a 2.5 year update for Aedan and he started preschool!

photo (4)

In October, we potty trained Aedan, got a new kitchen table, I was full-term and thought maybe Adelaide was coming earlier than expected, but instead I walked around 6 cm dilated for almost two weeks.  And of course Adelaide was born just before Halloween, on October 30th.

photo 2

In November, I shared Adelaide’s birth story and a few pictures of her and recapped our Halloween weekend. We celebrated Thanksgiving at our house, and I did Adelaide’s one month update.

_MG_6843

In December, I shared our Christmas cards, talked about what we used most with Adelaide during her first month, went to see Aedan in his first Christmas pageant, and celebrated Christmas.

20121225_113442

2012 has been a great year, we have had some ups and downs, but overall we are very very blessed. I can’t wait to see what 2013 has in store for my little family!

-Lauren-

Here are our recaps from 2009, 2010 and 2011.

No comments: