Jun 18, 2012

Halfway–aka 20 weeks!

I cannot believe I am already half way through this pregnancy. With Aedan I remember the first half going by so slow and then I felt like things went really fast until about 35 weeks. I have a feeling this time around the second half will go by even faster!

We have our big ultrasound appointment tomorrow morning. I am excited to find out what we are having and to make sure everything is going well with the baby. Everyone keeps asking me what I want to have or what I think I am having and honestly I have no idea. I always thought I would want to have a girl, but after having Aedan I have to say I absolutely love having a boy. A big part of me wants another boy so that Aedan can have a brother, while the other part of me thinks that having a girl would be fun to even out our little family. Obviously we will be so excited either way! I probably won’t post what we are having for awhile because my mom wants to wait and find out in person when we go up there for the 4th of July. I don’t think she is going to be able to wait 3 more weeks, but we shall see. :)

Okay so here is the info for this week…

How Far Along: 20 weeks
Size of Baby: Pomegranate
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I don’t have my monthly appointment until next week so I am not sure, but I am guessing up at least 5-7 lbs..
Genders: We find out tomorrow!
Movement: Yes, still mostly when I am laying down in bed or on the couch but more and more throughout the day.
Sleep: Sleeping okay. I still get up once or twice to use the restroom and sometimes have trouble going back to sleep, but nothing horrible.
Maternity Clothes: Jon and I went out to the movies this weekend and I wore a pair of maternity jeans since I knew they would be more comfortable for sitting through the whole movie. They were a little big but fine. Other than that, I have been wearing one pair of maternity shorts and my maternity tanks and then my old shorts with a hair tie and a couple of maxi dresses. 
Symptoms: I was able to finally stop taking the Zofran last week. I still have to eat something every couple of hours or I start to feel pretty sick, but other than that I feel pretty good!
Aversions: There are a lot of things we made while I was really sick and I still can’t stand to even think about them right now.
Cravings: Nothing really.
What I miss: Nothing this week!
Worst Moment of the week: This has nothing to do with the pregnancy, but Jon was supposed to be off all weekend, but he ended up having to work all night both Friday and Saturday night. I was bummed because we had to rush home from our date night so he could get to work and then he didn’t really get to enjoy Father’s day since he had pretty much been awake for 24 hours.
Best Moment this week: I’m hoping it will be finding out everything is looking great at our appointment tomorrow!

-Lauren-

No comments: