Jun 28, 2012

Weekend Recap in Bullets

I’ve been meaning to post about our weekend all week but just haven’t gotten around to it.

  • Last Friday my parents came by and picked Aedan up to take him to spend the night up in Round Rock with them. It was the first night that Aedan has been away from both of us ever (he has been away from one of us a bunch of times). I don’t even think he cared at all! He spent all day Saturday with my parents and got to help my dad fix the front porch…he was pretty much in heaven.

photo 4

  • While Aedan was with my parents, Jon and I enjoyed a quiet dinner out. We just hung around the house while Aedan was with my parents on Saturday. Jon got caught up on his recorded soccer games and I went to get a pedicure.
  • Saturday night I headed up to Round Rock to get Aedan. I ended up spending the night up there since Jon had to work all night anyway. My mom asked if I wanted some ice cream after dinner and this is what she brought me…

photo 2

  • Yes, that would be chocolate ice cream with a side of potato chips. I literally thought she had lost her mind. She acted like it was totally normal and something she did all the time. My dad and I thought it was hilarious. I ate the ice cream and left the chips. I may be pregnant but chips and ice cream still sound gross.
  • Sunday morning, my mom and I made a trip to Ikea. I found the perfect bedding for Aedan’s big boy room. I think we will probably get it set up in late August/September so we can start working on the nursery after that. I also picked up a rug for our dining area and a couple of cute pillows for our couches (um, yes that is a blower sitting on the couch, just keeping it real). :)

photo 5

  • Oh, they have started building a house in the lot next door. Actually they are building three houses all in a row. Aedan loves to watch everything. I’m just glad they are going to get these houses up before the baby comes so I don’t have to worry about a newborn trying to sleep through the construction noise!

photo 2

-Lauren-

No comments: