Jun 7, 2012

Show Us Your Life–Our Kitchen

This week Kelly is having a link up for kitchens so what better time to share some pictures of our new kitchen.

I love a lot of things about our new house, but one of the top things has to be the amount of counter space we have in the kitchen now. You can check out our old kitchen here and here.

And here is our new kitchen.

The view from the living room…I want to get a big clock for above the pantry door eventually.

_MG_6595

From the hallway…

_MG_6597

And from the entry hallway…clearly we need some window treatments. If found some good options at Target this week so maybe I will get some sooner rather than later.

_MG_6598

I love the cabinet space we have now. When we moved in and unpacked all the kitchen boxes, my mom and grandmother kept asking where we kept everything in the old house. Honestly, I have no idea. Everything fits perfectly in this kitchen so I am not sure how I fit it into a kitchen with 1/4 the space!

I also love our island. I think it is one of the first things that stood out to me when we walked in the house for the first time. It’s the perfect place for dropping off bags of groceries, setting out food for parties, and eating breakfast. Aedan loves to sit in the chairs and have a snack every afternoon. I was nervous he would get the chairs dirty, but they are microfiber and so far everything from yogurt to pink lemonade have come out with no problem.

_MG_6601

The limestone backsplash is another favorite of mine. It fits the house and the area perfectly. We also just bought that little Bose portable speaker a couple of weeks ago. We love it! It is Bluetooth so we can just turn the music on our phones on and hear it throughout the living room and kitchen. We can also just unplug it and take it out to the back porch to listen out there.  Perfect for summer.

_MG_6602

And of course I love the granite counter tops. They are easy to clean and never look dirty!

-Lauren-

No comments: