Mar 19, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Last week totally got away from me! We had lots of family in town and I kept meaning to blog every night about Aedan’s birthday party, but for one reason or another I never got around to it.

So a week late, here is the recap of Aedan’s birthday weekend.

Thursday, Aedan seemed to be coming down with a cold and since we had a big weekend planned, I cancelled my Friday meeting and we just stayed around the house to rest. I am so glad we did because it started raining Thursday night and pretty much did not stop until Sunday morning. It was crazy. It definitely made for a good stay at home day. Luckily by Sunday (the day of his party), Aedan was back to normal.

Saturday, after breakfast we all headed to the grocery store to get everything for the party. Then Jon and I spend the morning doing food prep to make everything go faster on Sunday. We all had a long afternoon nap and then we headed out to do some shopping. I was planning to buy Aedan’s birthday presents on Friday while he was at the sitter’s house, but since he didn’t go, that was out. I decided it would be fun for us to just take him to Toy R Us and see what he would pick out. With some help, he decided on a slide and a giant tool set complete with a drill and changeable drill bits. He LOVES both.

After Toys R Us, we stopped by the mall to pick up some new dress shirts for Jon. He is headed back to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks to lead some more trainings. Then we finished up with dinner at Panera Bread. I am in love with their Sonoma Chicken Stew, but they were out so I settled for my next favorite, their mac and cheese. :)

We got home, just as my sister and her friend Jordan were getting into town. Aedan was so excited to see his “Emmie”. She and Jordan came for a visit and to help with the party and they were great to have around!

Sunday we all spend the morning getting everything set for the party. Everyone came over around 4:30 and Aedan had fun showing off his new toys. The party went really well, other than the fact that Aedan wasn’t too interested in opening his gifts. He would open one and then just want to play with that instead of moving to the next gift. Oh well. :)

I didn’t take too many pictures, but here are a couple…

_MG_6417

_MG_6430

Aedan is asking for more cupcake in the picture above. He just wanted to eat the icing.  Haha!

_MG_6440

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_MG_6447

My grandmothers, parents and sister and my parent’s dog in the corner. :)

We had a great time, and I still cannot believe he is two already!

My sister and Jordan stayed with us until Tuesday and my parents stayed with us Wednesday, so Aedan was totally spoiled with attention for most of the week!

-Lauren-

No comments: