Sep 5, 2012

Mid Week Update

I feel like for awhile I was on a roll with posting about 3 times a week…until now, since it has been a whole week since I have posted anything.

We had a pretty good Labor Day weekend. Jon had to work Friday and Saturday night, so Aedan and I hung out up in Round Rock all day Saturday to let him rest. We spent the day with my parents and had dinner with my grandmother. Aedan has so much fun over there since my mom saved a ton of original little people toys plus a bunch of other toys for him to play with. On top of that he loves playing with his Pop and Nenna.

We all hung around the house on Sunday and ran some errands on Monday. I was looking for a new water bottle and lunchbox containers for Aedan to take to school on Tuesday, but never ended up finding what I wanted. Then yesterday when I was at the grocery store, I found both items, go figure.

Monday afternoon, Aedan and I made these muffins for him to take for lunch. They were easy to make and taste pretty good, plus they don’t have any sugar in them.

Yesterday was Aedan’s first day of school. Of course he woke up super early for some reason, so I knew he would be pretty tired by the time he came home, but he had a great first day. His teacher said he got a little sad when he realized Jon and I left, but he got over it pretty fast and was totally fine the rest of the time. She said his favorite part was music. He told us all about it in the car and then last night he told me he ate snack with all his new friends at the table. :)

photo (4)

I think it will be a little rough when I drop him off tomorrow since he knows I am going to be leaving now, but hopefully he will get into the swing of things in a couple of weeks.

This morning Aedan and I went over to a friends house for a little play date and other than that, I have just been getting things done around the house. My plan for tomorrow is to get some projects started for Adelaide’s nursery so hopefully I can post some pictures soon. I feel like I am a little more behind on getting things ready for her than I was with Aedan, but I am hoping I can use the time he is at school to get those things done soon.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

-Lauren-

No comments: