Sep 19, 2012

2.5 Years Old!

It’s been about 6 months since I did an update on what Aedan is doing these days…

I have been meaning to post this for awhile, but I keep putting it off because I haven’t had a chance to get my camera out and take some good pictures of Aedan. Things are pretty busy and don’t seem to be slowing down at all, so I figured I’d just post this and take some pictures soon

So at 2.5, Aedan, here is what you are up to…

  • You probably weigh around 32-34 lbs. I’m not sure how tall you are, but you recently started bumping you head on the counter top that you used to be able to just walk under. I feel like you have really gotten taller this summer. *Update: according to school, you weigh 30.5 lbs. and are 36.5 in. tall.
  • You wear size 2T for everything and size 7.5/8 wide in shoes.
  • You aren’t potty trained yet, but you totally could be, mommy has just been too lazy to jump on that yet. Maybe this month…
  • You are doing so well sleeping in your big boy bed. You go to bed at 8pm and sleep until 7/7:30, then you take a nap from about 1-4 every afternoon. This past week, you started coming out of your room right after we put you to sleep. We pretty much give you no attention and just lead you back to bed. Last night I didn’t feel like walking you back to your room, so I just sat at the kitchen island and without giving you any eye contact I pointed back to your room. You tried about 3 times and then you gave up and went right to sleep. I have news for you…mommy does this kind of thing for a living and daddy is pretty stubborn so I’m pretty sure you just might lose every one of these little battles. :) Once you are in bed, you go right to sleep and stay there until the morning.
  • You eat like a typical toddler…some days you eat a lot and some days I feel like all you do is drink milk…which you would probably do 24/7 if we let you.
  • You love Bob the Builder and Monsters Inc. When you are building or fixing something, you will say “can we build it?” “yes we can!!”. So cute.
  • You love to build with blocks, look at books, play with playdoh and paint, but your favorite toys are still all your tools. You are always fixing something around here. Daddy even lets you play with his little drill outside and you started taking apart our adirondack chairs. I couldn’t believe you actually got the screws all the way out by yourself!
  • You still love Hiro. You always talk about him when we are out and about and are so excited to see him when we get home. You are good about letting him in and out when he wants to go outside and you love to give him treats or feed him at random times of the day. I know Hiro appreciates this.
  • You pretty much talk non stop when you are awake. Seriously.every.single.minute. :) You tell us stories from your day and are always asking questions. You are pretty good about saying please and thank you on your own, especially with people other than mommy and daddy.
  • A few weeks ago, you and I were grabbing some things in CVS and you got out of the little car cart and told me “mommy, I be right back”. I asked where you were going and you told me again you would be right back. I followed you (obviously) and found you looking at bouncy balls. I told you it was time to go and you told me “one more minute mommy, I shopping”. Ha!
  • Last week you were driving around the house in your cozy cop and you pulled up next to me at the kitchen table. You leaned out the window and told me you wanted a number 2 with fries and a lemonade. I just about died laughing. Apparently we have been going to P. Terry’s one too many times lately!
  • You are in the third week of preschool and while I know you have fun while you are there, you do not like when I drop you off. Honestly, I had zero trouble leaving you with your sitter when you were 3 months old and crying, but it is much harder leaving you when you are asking me to please stay for a little while. :( Your teachers are great though and yesterday I got a picture of you smiling about 5 minutes after I dropped you off.
  • Your teacher says you love music time and inch closer and closer to the music guy because he is playing a guitar.
  • You get super excited when we come to pick you up, your teacher also said that the other parents are jealous of your enthusiasm. haha! I usually get a dance, while you say “it’s my mommy! that’s my mommy!!” when I walk in the door.
  • We have been talking a lot about Adelaide and you helped me put away her clothes and set up some stuff in the nursery. We even wrapped Babar up in a blanket and let him try out her bassinet. I think it is going to be a huge adjustment for you when she comes, but I know you are going to be a great big brother!

Aedan, I could go on and on with stories about what you are up to. You make us laugh everyday and we are so blessed to be your parents. We love you so much!

-Lauren-

No comments: