Feb 20, 2012

Aedan–23 Months

_MG_6141

I cannot believe in less than one month, my baby is going to be two!!

I haven’t done an update in forever. I was going to wait until his birthday, but I thought I would do a quick update now incase I forget then.

Aedan, here is what you are up  to these days…

  • I am guessing you weigh between 25-28 lbs., but I have no idea. You have definitely gotten taller in the last few weeks because all of a sudden your 18 month pants are way too short. You officially wear 2T in everything.
  • I just bought you a new pair of shoes in size 7. They are a little big, but they work. It’s the last baby/toddler size. Next time we will be looking at big boy shoes!
  • You still sleep from 7:30/8 pm-7:30/8 am. You take an afternoon nap from about 12:30-3:30 everyday. Some days you sleep longer and some days you wake up after 2.5 hours, but 3 hours is your typical nap.
  • You still love milk and probably drink way too much of it on a daily basis.
  • You have some days were you eat great and then a lot of days were you eat like a bird. On the days you eat well some of your favorite foods are eggs, waffles, oatmeal, quesadillas, soup (Daddy gave you split pea soup last week and you loved it, you must not be my child after all) :), rice, chicken, spinach, peas, cucumber, black beans, strawberries, chips, string cheese, peanut butter, apples and yogurt.
  • You talk all the time! I have completely lost count of the number of words you use everyday and you seem to be picking more up daily. I hear “what this?” a lot during the day. You want me to label everything you don’t know. You are starting to use a lot of 2-4 word statements and questions which is really fun to hear.
  • You have way too many toys, but your favorites would have to be you toy vacuum and your tool set. You love to play with blocks, legos and cars inside and your golf clubs and soccer ball outside.
  • You love to be around people (which is so different from how you were as a newborn, then you hated to be around anyone but us). You get super excited when people come over, especially when they play with you. You always want them to go to you “room” aka your playroom.
  • You are pretty easy to take places. You do well riding in the cart and love to say hi and bye to everyone. If we have a quick errand to run, I let you walk with me and for the most part you do well. You don’t love holding my hand when we walk through the parking lot, but when I tell you its that or be held, you are okay with it.
  • You love to have a job to do. At home if daddy is working on something, you want to be right in the middle of it. You will run and get your tools as soon as you see daddy get his tool bag out. You will help me carry things in from the car and put away some of the dishes. I have to be careful because sometimes you get a little carried away with your dishes and start pulling the glass stuff out of the dishwasher.
  • You are in charge of letting Hiro in every morning and feeding him breakfast. You only need a little help feeding him because depending on the day, you want to give him way to much or not enough. :)
  • We took the baby gate off the stairs this weekend and haven’t had to put it back up. You go up and down really well now, and you always come tell me if you are going to go up “dairs”.
  • You don’t like being told no and definitely have a stubborn streak in you. Most of the time when we tell you no after you have asked for something you will try again with a “please” and then when you hear no again, you will say “ahhh” and walk or run away.

Aedan, you are so much fun! I could go on and on about all the things you do everyday. You can be a handful sometimes but mostly you are just plane fun to be with. We love you so much!! Love, Mommy

-Lauren-

No comments: