Feb 9, 2012

Our Love Story

I’m linking up with:

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

We meet in March 2005 and pretty much started dating right away, so we have been together for almost 7 years. We got married in March 2007, so we have been married for just about 5 years.

Dallas Arboredum 024

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

We met when my best friend and I came down to Austin for a weekend during spring break. We stayed with my aunt and she took us to a concert with some friends. One of her friends ended up bringing Jon along. I posted more about how we met here and here.

Engagement pictures 021

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}

We will celebrate our 5th anniversary in March!

SchmittPhoto-032507-297

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?

We had an outdoor wedding here in Austin. The place was perfect. I think it was pretty average size, about 100 people. We had a blast and I think everyone else did as well. I posted more details about our wedding here.

SchmittPhoto-032507-432

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

Mostly we just call each other dear. Sometimes Jon says babe but 90% of the time its dear.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

There are a lot of things I love about Jon, but most of all…

  • I love that he is funny. He tends to be pretty reserved around most people, but he cracks me up on a daily basis.
  • He also works really hard for our family. He has always been a great provider.
  • He loves me for me. For the girl who doesn’t like to get dressed up, is not the best cook and is always cleaning.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?

Jon designed my ring and ordered it in time to propose on my birthday, but when it came in they had messed up and it had to be re-done. It ended up not being ready until the week after my birthday. It was a Saturday and I had gone to run errands that morning. When I got home Jon asked if I wanted to go to lunch...which I would never turn down. So we decided to go to our favorite lunch place and Jon suggested that we take lunch out to Mt. Bonnell and have a picnic. We ate lunch over looking the great scenery and Jon started telling me how I was his best friend and that he loved me. I didn't catch on so I kept responding back with how he was my best friend and I loved him too. Finally he pulled my ring out of his pocket and asked me to me his wife...I obviously said yes!

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

I guess more of a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy. We aren’t big on celebrating valentines day. I would much rather get flowers or a card on a random day than one that prompted by retailers.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Definitely a pop in a movie and relax on the couch. I am such a homebody. Luckily so is Jon. We like to go out every now and then, but some of our best dates are the ones were we just hang out at home.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

I guess it would be to travel somewhere cool. I’d love to go to Europe someday, although the though of being on a plane for that long does not sound fun.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

Probably nothing special. We will probably just exchange cards and maybe get take-out. There is no way I am getting a babysitter only to sit in a super crowded restaurant!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?

Nope. We usually just exchange cards. Sometimes Jon will get me some candy but that’s pretty much it.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

I think my best advice would be to communicate well and often! When Jon and I have a argument we can talk it out without things escalating. One of us will always say something funny to break the tension and I think that is so important.

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

SchmittPhoto-032507-312

What’s your love story?

-Lauren-

1 comment:

Maria said...

Awww... how sweet! Love the last picture- true love. And I will also be skipping those crowded restaurants, not worth the hassle.