Jul 18, 2008

Our long conversation: part 1

Jon and I have been married for a year and a half now. We have had so much fun in the last 18 months, but our story obviously began before the wedding. It was once said, "a happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short." (Andre Maurois). So I am going to share our long conversation.

Let me set the stage...
My best friend, Amanda, and I wanted to go somewhere for our spring break. Unfortunately our spring breaks were a week off so we only had a weekend to get away. On top of that we were not exactly rolling in money, so something affordable was a must. We decided to make our way from Dallas to Austin for the weekend and stay with my Aunt.

So we arrived in Austin early on a Friday afternoon. We stopped by Round Rock Donuts to pick up a dozen of the best donuts in the world!! If you are ever in the Austin area this is a must try! After picking up some healthy breakfast treats, wink, wink. We drove into town to meet up with my Aunt. She took us out to dinner...I don't remember where we went, but it was good. After dinner Amanda and I went to a coffee shop on the river called Mozart's (also a must see attraction). We ordered some yummy drinks and settled out by the water for some girl talk. To this day, every time Amanda comes to visit we always go to Mozart's at least once.

On Saturday the three of us (my Aunt and Amanda and I) when to Shady Grove for a great lunch. Then Amanda and I headed to Barton Springs to get some sun. It was a perfect day, the sun was out but it wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze. We had a relaxing afternoon of people watching, and swimming in the 68 degree water.

That night my Aunt took us to a concert at Antones. My Aunt had invited some of her friends and we were talking to a group of them when "cute boy" walked up. When he stopped next to us, I was a bit surprised. Well, it turns out that "cute boy" had come along with one of my Aunt's good friends. I am horrible with names so for the rest of the night I would refer to him as "cute boy" (only to Amanda of course). We were in a pretty big group so "cute boy" and I didn't really share many words throughout the concert or at the coffee house afterward. My Aunt wanted to take us on a walk down 6th street, and that was when we started talking. However, at the end of the night we went our separate ways with just a simple "it was nice to meet you".

When my Aunt asked us if we had fun, Amanda mentioned that I thought Jon was cute. So my Aunt decided to call her friend and ask them if they wanted to come with us the next day to the Kite Festival.

Coming soon, part 2: kites and crushes.

No comments: