Jul 24, 2008

Highlights from the week

This week has had some ups and downs...

On Wednesday I skipped class and Jon and I got to spend the day together. It was really nice because our schedules have been off a little bit these last few weeks. He has been working more on the weekends and I am in school/work everyday during the week.

We needed to talk Hiro somewhere fun, since it had been awhile. So we decided to talk him on his first kayak trip. It was pretty funny. We rented a two-person kayak and struggled to get our timid dog on the huge foreign orange thing. First we tried sitting in our usually positions...me at the front and Jon in the back. We initially put Hiro in front with me, but quickly realized that wasn't the best idea. Together, Hiro and I weigh more than Jon and Hiro kept moving around making it difficult for me to row. We had to pull over and switch places. Once Hiro and I were in the back and Jon was in the front to steer we were able to make pretty good progress. We were able to row over to a dog park area that is right on the water. We docked and let Hiro run a play for awhile. The return trip was much easier and I think Hiro finally got the idea that he just needed to sit still and enjoy the ride. We are going to try to take him again soon.

On Thursday I got stuck in traffic and actually missed work! I left school around 2 and I was supposed to do a session from 3-5 that afternoon. At about 2:30 everything on 35 came to a complete stop! Then I saw three firetrucks drive by, and I knew it could not be good. I was able to look up traffic.com on my phone and I found out that a bus and a couple of 18-wheelers collided and there was oil and diesel fluid all over the highway. Luckily no one was injured, but they shut the highway down for 3 hours. I sat in basically the same place on the highway for over 3 hours. I didn't get home until 5:45.

Friday was my last day of summer school. Wow am I glad that is over. Driving down to San Marcos everyday is too much for me. I don't think I will be taking summer school again next year. I have 8 more classes to take before graduation and I think I am going to spread them out over Fall, Spring, and then a Fall. That means I will done December of 2009. I have about a month until Fall classes start and when they do I will only have to drive to San Marcos twice a week.

Jon and I went to see the Dark Knight Friday evening. It was really good. It was nice to go out just the two of us. It has been a while since we have gone on a date date.


No comments: