Jul 2, 2008

Who doesn't enjoy summer reading?

Nothing like a week off to kick off some great summer reading.

Sunday and Monday I had a bit of a cold (which always seems to happen to me, as soon as I have some time off I get sick). Oh well, I was able to read an entire book in two days. I read a Wedding in December by Anita Shreve. It was a pretty good book (not sure if it would make it on my must read list, but definitely not a waste of time). I was also able to watch some great lifetime movies! I watched the Piolet's Wife (it is also a book by Anita Shreve) and The Tenth Circle (a book by my favorite author Jodi Picoult). Lifetime is great, I am addicted to Army Wives, but that will have to be another post).

Here are some of my favorites by Jodi Picoult:
My Sister's Keeper
Plain Truth
Nineteen Minutes
Perfect Match
I think I have read most of her books, and there hasn't been one that I haven't loved reading. Most of the books are about unique circumstances that really make you think about what you would do or should do if put in the very same situation. There is always a fine line between the right choice logically and the right choice emotionally. It looks like she has a new book out called Change of Heart. I will read it soon and post a review. :)

For lighter reading I love Emily Giffen. She wrote Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and Baby Proof. All are wonderful summer reads. It looks like she has a new book out; Love the One Your With. I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday excited about getting the new book and when I asked about it, they told me it doesn't come out until late July (although her website says May 13).

Since I can't seem to leave Barnes and Noble without a book I started searching for a new author to latch onto. I found Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand. It's a national best seller so I couldn't pass it up. I just started it yesterday, but so far so good. I think it will be the perfect book to take with me on our weekend trip to Dallas. She also has a new book out; A Summer Affair. If I like the first one I may check it out along with some of her others.

Anyone else have some good authors on their summer book lists?

No comments: