Dec 31, 2009

A Look at 2009 with the Dechiros

In January I played with my new birthday present, a Cannon Rebel EOS XS, I also learned how to make my own blog headers and backgrounds and thus became addicted to digital scrapbooking. Jon and I bought a new toy and I hosted a baby shower for my good friend Lauren.

small group

In February we celebrated Jon’s 28th birthday, and brainstormed on some ways to keep cute puppies off the couch. I got crafty and made some mistreatments for our bedroom and I also shared about our wedding and honeymoon.

Engagement pictures 011

In March I got crafty again and made some artwork to fill an empty wall in our study. I got an iphone and Jon and I tried and loved SXSW concerts out at Auditorium Shores. We also celebrated 2 years of marriage!

SchmittPhoto-032507-257

In April we spent a weekend with my parents in Plano and made a list of things we wanted to accomplish over the summer on our house (sadly we didn’t make it to everything). However, Jon did accomplish building a beautiful patio in the backyard.

IMG_0004

In May I painted the bathroom cabinets and had some minor surgery. Hiro made a big mess, and Jon and I tool a short trip down to San Antonio. I started participating in Kelly’s Show Us Where You Live which has been a blast! Jon took on building a pergola from scratch with no plans and did great!

IMG_1137

In June Hiro got sneaky and we spent a lot of time outside, biking to dinner or playing at the Greenbelt. I celebrated 1 year of blogging and planned the perfect summer weekend in Austin.

In July we celebrated the 4th with some good family friends, took a short summer trip to South Padre, got some big news and took my first belly picture.

Positive.Test.Closeup

Lauren.Belly.5.Weeks.JPG.Weeks

In August I mostly felt was sick. I did manage to do a big kitchen clean out and enjoy some time with my mom at a staycation at the Four Seasons in Austin.

In September I started my last, first day of school ever! I took some more belly pictures and joined a book club

In October we went to ACL despite the mud and rain. I worried about getting the flu (thank goodness I did not get it). We added a chiminea and lights to our pergola and we found out we are having a BOY!

IMG_1582

DECHIRO_LAUREN_16

In November I blogged every day for 30 days!  I made some cute baby outfits and hosted a baby shower for my cousin’s wife (their baby girl is due to arrive any day now). We also spent Thanksgiving in the country with Jon’s family.

IMG_1687

IMG_1691

In December I had my last day of class,  celebrated my 26th birthday, decorated for Christmas, and passed my glucose test. My family came down to celebrate my graduation and I was able to spend some time in Plano for Christmas, even though it didn’t go as planned.

IMG_0421

And that wraps up our year around here. We had a great year, but we are so looking forward to all the changes that will be coming with 2010!

Happy New Year’s Eve!!

-Lauren-

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

loved the recap!!

Kelly said...

Looks like an eventful year...great memories and more events to come this year with a baby!! :)