May 31, 2009

What we did this weekend

Friday night I went to happy hour with some girlfriends. We enjoyed some margaritas and appetizers at Z-Tajas. When I got home Jon took me to Barnes and Noble to get a new book. I picked up The Help by Kathleen Stockett. I just started reading yesterday, but so far I like it. When we got home from Barnes and Noble I went to bed pretty early…2 margaritas from Z-Tajas will do that to you…next time just 1 for me. :)

Saturday morning Jon and I took our time getting ready. Once we got everything packed we took Hiro over to his friend Woodrow’s house and headed to San Antonio. We stopped by Home Goods on our way into town. We don’t have one in Austin and I have been wanting to check it out for awhile. It was supposed to be right on our way in, but unfortunately Google maps was wrong and it took us a while to find it. We finally made it and I picked up a few new bathroom accessories. I’ll save pictures for when Kelly features bathrooms on Show Us Where You Live Fridays.

After Home Goods we headed to our hotel on the Riverwalk. Jon had a job downtown Saturday night (which is why we went to San Antonio). We spent a couple of hours laying out by the pool and reading before heading down to the Riverwalk.

IMG_0012

We enjoyed dinner and dessert on the Riverwalk along with a nice walk. Since it was Saturday night it was pretty crowded, but it was fun to people watch.

Jon had to work from 12 pm to about 3 am so I just hung out in the hotel and enjoyed the king size bed to myself. :)

We headed home this morning and Jon went straight to his soccer game (he is sleeping right now to make up for only getting a few hours of sleep last night). I picked up Hiro and did some cleaning around the house since my sister comes tomorrow! Then I headed to Barton Springs. Sometimes I wish we had a neighborhood pool, but having Barton Springs less than 10 minutes away is pretty great!

p6020280

I hung out there for a couple of hours with some friends. We got hot enough to brave the 68 degree water a couple of times but mostly we just soaked up the sun.

Now I am home relaxing and waiting for Jon to wake up. All and all it was a great weekend!

-Lauren-

2 comments:

The Haynes Family said...

I loooooooove Home Goods. I usually find some great deals and they get new stock in often, so there's always something new. We have one in Allen at the new shopping center off Stacy Rd.

Jill said...

I want to go to Barton Springs sometime! I love it there. The best is to get there early and get a good people watching spot!