May 3, 2009

A glance at our weekend

It’s hard to believe it’s already Sunday. I think I say that every weekend, but they just go by way too fast.

This weekend was nice and relaxing. Friday night Jon and I decided to get our errands run. We had dinner at Mighty Fine Burgers (they have amazing strawberry lemonade), and then we headed to Costco and HEB.  When we got home we watched a few documentaries on Netflix. Jon signed us up and not only do we get movies in the mail, but we have an online queue and we can watch things instantly through TiVo.

Saturday I spent the early afternoon studying for my final at La Madeline's with my friend Jesse. We got a lot of studying done, and I think we are going to do well on our final this Tuesday. Saturday night we hung out with our good friend Jason. We finally got to have dinner at Home Slice. It is a pizza place on Congress that is always packed! They were having a slow night and we still had to wait about an hour for a table. Luckily they have a patio out back and we were able  to get drinks and appetizers to hold us over. All and all we decided the pizza was good, but probably not worth an hour wait. After dinner we walked up to our favorite dessert place, Hey Cupcake. Yum!!

Today we headed to the Pecan Street Festival on 6th St. It was fun, but very hot and crowded. Now we are home and I think a late afternoon nap may be in order. I have a little more studying and some cleaning up to do tonight, but for now its time to relax.

Count down update: on summer break in 4 days! :)

No comments: