May 11, 2009

Cabinet facelift: part 1

Sunday morning I decided to embark on my next home improvement project…painting the bathroom cabinets. As I mentioned in a previous post I decided to “practice” on the bathroom cabinets in hopes that it will turn out great and I will be ready to paint my kitchen cabinets.

I was so eager to get started that I forgot to take an official “before” picture. This is the best I could do. I had already taken off the hardware and was about to start cleaning and sanding. This is the guest bathroom, I also did our master bathroom (envision the exact same cabinet/sink).

IMG_1080

Here is the part 1 “after” picture. I forgot to use a flash so its a little dim, sorry.

IMG_1081

There’s the flash! That’s what the doors look like after cleaning, a little sanding and 2 coats of primer. It was pretty easy and both bathrooms only took me a couple of hours (including a little HGTV watching while the paint was drying).

IMG_1083

Today on my way home from work I am going to pick up the paint we will use. Tomorrow I only have to work until noon, so I am going to finish up the project Tuesday afternoon.

Stay tuned for cabinet facelift: part 2

-Lauren-

No comments: