May 8, 2009

Show us where you live - Living rooms

Today, I’m showing off my living room over at Kelly’s Korner. Her blog is amazing and I’m pretty sure I check it out about once a day. Every Friday she is having everyone post pictures of specific rooms in their house. I think its a great idea and its so fun to see everyone’s spaces (not to mention get some good decorating or craft ideas)! :)

Ok so here is our living room. Nothing special, but it is definitely were we spend 90% of our time at home.

This is the view from our entry way. We have a pretty small house (1200 sq ft), but it feels bigger and I think it is mostly because the living room and kitchen feel like one big space. We love having it so open. When we have people over, everyone can spread out in either room but still feel like they are part of the group. The door on the right goes to our bedroom. The blue accent wall is probably my favorite part of the living room. I also love the walls in the kitchen. You can’t tell very well from this picture but I mudded, painted and then stained over the walls (with help). It turned out great!

IMG_1078

Here is the room from the kitchen. The table, entertainment center and end table are all from World Market and I love them! I borrowed took the iron wall hanging from my parents garage. It fits perfectly above the table. The hallway leads to our 2 other bedrooms, the 2nd bath and the laundry room.

IMG_1079

Here is the last view, from the hallway. That’s Hiro on his little spot. He would much rather be on the couch, but we are trying to nip that habit. I am not a big fan of the black couches, but Jon bought them before we meet so I really didn’t have a say. We aren’t ready to replace them yet, but some day I hope to get a more neutral brown or tan in here. We are also pulling up the carpet and installing wood floors later this month!! Yay!

IMG_1077

Thanks for checking out our space!

-Lauren-

1 comment:

Chic Runner said...

I found your blog via Kelly and I have to say that I just love your room! It's so cute and open and I love that your couch is dark! :) I love the blue wall too :)