Aug 11, 2009

I’m still here

I’m just taking it one day at a time, and haven’t felt like blogging much lately.

This weekend (after my staycation at the Four Seasons), my family got together at my grandparent’s house. It was great to see everyone and luckily I felt pretty good the whole time. Two of my cousins are also expecting which means in the next few months my grandparents will go from having 4 great-grandchildren to 7! So fun!

Since we graduated from our fertility specialist last week, I had my first appointment with our new regular OBGYN today. It was great. My doctor seems really nice and upbeat and her nurse was so helpful. The nurse told me to take 1/2 a B6 vitamin and 1/2 an Unisom tab every 8 hours to prevent my “all day sickness”. I immediately went out and bought the 2 pills. I took a dose about an hour ago, I will update on how/if it works. Keep your fingers crossed!!

I had another ultrasound today but since our scanner is not hooked up and Jon is out of town it will be a few days before I can post it. Speaking of which, Jon left this morning for CO. He is helping a good friend of ours drive back to Austin tomorrow and Thursday. Jon’s flight left this morning at 6:30. We were supposed to leave the house around 5 so I could drop him off at the airport. Unfortunately his alarm volume was turned down and we didn’t wake up until 5:47! I kid you not, we were out the door by 5:50 and at the passenger drop off at 5:56 (it is very helpful that we live 5 minutes from the airport). He was able to check in just in time and make the flight! If it had been me, I’m pretty sure I would have missed the flight…from bed to car in 3 minutes! It takes me a couple of minutes just to put my contacts in. Hehe. Anyway, I’m glad he made it safely and am looking forward to him coming home on Thursday.

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

hey! i hope you get to feeling better soon!maybe those meds will work! finally, since saturday i have been feeling better- but i will be 12 weeks on monday so it's about time!