Jul 11, 2009

Back Home

Jon and I had a great time in South Padre!

As soon as we arrived, we feel in love with the bed and breakfast. It was 12 rooms surrounding a beautiful court yard. 

This was the entrance to our room. We were on the corner, so we had our own little private sitting area outside. It was nice to enjoy a cup of coffee in the comfortable adirondack chairs. IMG_1352

This was the view from the front door to our room. How amazing is that stain glass window?!?

IMG_1350 

Apparently I didn’t get pictures of the rest of the room, but, to the left was a sitting area/dressing area that lead to a large bathroom.

Basically our days in South Padre consisted of lounging at the pool. Picture me on the pink raft, book in hand.

SANY0062

And hanging out at the beach.

South Padre collage

We were able to bike to just about every restaurant we tried, which was great! On Thursday we found the perfect lunch spot. They had a variety of sandwiches loaded with veggies and delicious smoothies.

IMG_0012( Jon was about to take a bite of this yummy sandwich, when I exclaimed I must get a picture for my blog! He just laughed)

On Thursday and Friday, Jon talked me into going for a run on the beach. It was a challenge but I was proud of myself for going.  Jon decided to capture me post run…

IMG_0017-1

I was able to take a few pictures with my nice camera. I think some of them came out pretty nice.

South Padre1

We had a great time, but we are glad to be home. Everything is unpacked and Hiro is back home with us (he spent the time with his bff, Woodrow).

Jon has to work tomorrow and I have a long list of to-dos…including lots of sandy laundry and grocery shopping. Tonight we are enjoying pizza and a movie at home, the perfect ending to a great vacation.

-Lauren-

*Just click on any picture to view it larger*

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Looks like you had a great time! There is nothing better than a relaxing getaway! :)

Chelsa said...

looks wonderful! glad you had fun.

Jill said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. The pics are great! Your blog is so hip too. Sandy laundry is the only good kind of laundry...it's the sign of a good time!