Aug 9, 2012

Aedan’s Big Boy Room

I love Aedan’s new room! I think it is perfect for him now and will last him a number of years down the road.

Originally I was going to go with bedding from Pottery Barn, but it was so expensive. I was only going to be able to get a few things at a time instead of all the bedding at once. Then a few weeks ago, when my mom and I were at Ikea, I found the perfect bedding for a fraction of the price. In fact, since my parents gave us the furniture, mattress and curtains, I was able to get everything else for about $150 total.

Jon build a platform for the mattress so we didn’t need to use the box springs (it made the bed way too high). The red coverlet and blue and white stripped duvet cover are from Ikea and the bed skirt is actually from pottery barn about 10 years ago! I ‘d love to hang something over his bed, but I just know he would mess with it right now. Maybe when he gets older.

_MG_6706

The curtains match the coverlet perfectly along with the lamp shade I had from his nursery. Eventually I am going to update the accessories on his dresser, but for now I am just using what we had on his old dresser. Between the double bed and large dresser there is not much space left in his room, but I think the mirror really opens up the room.

_MG_6710

Since Aedan has a playroom right next door we don’t have to keep any toys in his bedroom. He just has a basket with a few of his favorite books.

_MG_6705

And here is Aedan taking his first nap in his big boy bed. So cute! He used to sleep in his crib with all of those stuffed animals and at least 3 books. No wonder he thinks having a bigger bed is great! haha!

photo (2)

-Lauren-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...he's totally adorable!!
You did a fabulous job!!