Aug 15, 2012

28 Weeks

I told Jon this week, we only have about 11/12 more weeks until this baby comes. I think we were both a little surprised at how little time that seems to be!

Now that we have Aedan’s room set up, I feel like I can focus on the nursery more. I am hoping to get most of the big stuff done in that room this month since we have a super busy September and October coming up. If she decides to come around the time that Aedan did, she will actually be an October baby!

I start my two week appointments yesterday and I got to do the oh so fun glucose test. At my last doctor, they just gave me the drink and told me to finish it before my next appointment. This time I had to come in so they could take a blood sample before, then I had to drink the stuff and wait and hour for them to take a second blood sample and then another hour so they could take a third blood sample. Hopefully I passed!

So here I am at 28 weeks…

_MG_6711

And here I am with Aedan around the same time…

IMG_1817

How Far Along: 28 weeks
Size of Baby: Eggplant
Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of today, I am up 18 lbs.
Genders: It’s a girl and we are so excited! We also decided on a name…Adelaide Caroline.
Movement: Lots of movement. You can even seen my stomach move when I am sitting on the couch.
Sleep: Sleeping okay. I’ve stopped waking up between 4-5, but now I wake up a couple of times to go to the bathroom. Luckily I have been falling back to sleep pretty fast. 
Maternity Clothes: I’m still living in my maternity tanks and a couple pairs of maternity shorts. When I am not going to work or out, I am mostly in workout clothes because it is just too hot.
Symptoms: I’ve been feeling pretty good lately. I get a little heartburn from time to time, but that’s it.
Aversions: Still some foods that I just can’t think about. Also some weird things like Dawn and the shampoo/body wash I was using when I was really sick.
Cravings: Fruit and ice water and sweet things (not great for the weight gain).
What I miss: Not being so tired at the end of the day. When Jon was gone for 2 weeks, I really noticed how worn out I felt at the end of the day. I would put Aedan to bed and then just want to get in bed myself.
Worst Moment of the week: Can’t really think of anything.
Best Moment this week: My sister was in town for a few days last week and we refinished the dresser for Adelaide’s room (pictures coming soon!) and cleaned out most of the boxes of baby clothes I had in her closet! Now that we have the big pieces of furniture in her room, I feel like we are making progress. I also got her bumper ordered and plan to start working on the bed skirt and curtains soon!

-Lauren-

No comments: