Dresser Redo

Last summer I posted about how I was given my grandparent’s old dresser. It needed some TLC so I sanded it down, painted it black and spray painted the hardware silver.

Basically it started off like this…

photo 1

Then when I got done, it looked like this…

_MG_5976

It was perfect for Aedan’s room and I loved it. But since Aedan got passed down a matching set of furniture for his big boy room, the dresser is going into the new nursery with the crib. Since we are having a little girl, I decided a black dresser wouldn’t really go with her nursery.

Once I decided on fabrics for her room, I knew what color/look I wanted for the dresser and my sister and I finished it up a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love it!

_MG_6718

We primed and then painted the whole thing blue. I honestly don’t even know what the name of the color is. I had this color in mind and went to Home Depot and just found it. It was a Martha Stuart color, I had matched in Behr. Since we primed, it only took two coats of paint to cover the black.

Then we sanded the edges and a few spots on the drawers and tops.

_MG_6720

Then we went over the whole thing with a dark stain, wiping it off just after we applied it. It really brought out the wood and black colors from underneath the blue.

Then I spray painted the hardware oil rubbed bronze this time.

I’m really happy with how it turned out and I can really see this lasting in Adelaide’s room long after it is a nursery. My mom saw a smaller dresser with the same type of finish selling for $250 so I was pretty excited with my $25 project. :)

Oh and here is a little sneak peak at the fabrics that are going in her room…

_MG_6721

Now I just need to get started on the curtains and crib skirt!

-Lauren-

No comments :