Aug 2, 2012

Come Home Daddy!

We are nearing the end of week two without daddy at home. I have to say, I am d.o.n.e. being a single parent! Jon was able to come back for the weekend so we could go to Fredericksburg, but he headed out super early Monday morning and won’t be home until around midnight tomorrow night. Sigh.

I feeling more worn out this week than I did last week, probably because it is the second week of Jon being gone, and I feel like it is taking a toll on Aedan and Hiro too.

This morning Aedan woke up extra early which blew my plans of getting up and ready before he woke up (I had and eye doctor appointment this morning so we had to get out the door early). So I get up to get Aedan, only to find that Hiro peed all over my new dinning area rug. Seriously. I can’t even remember the last time he at an accident in the house. We had a doggie door in the last house and we don’t have one here, but we have been here for 6 months and he has had no problem adjusting to no doggie door. I let him out right before I went to bed last night and I’m a pretty light sleeper so I feel like if he had tried to wake me up to go outside, I would have woken up.

I didn’t have time this morning to do a great job of cleaning the rug so I’m in the process of deep cleaning it with some water and vinegar. Now I feel like my whole house needs to be cleaned. I think when Aedan wakes up we may do a quick clean up with some vacuuming and mopping.

Luckily, tomorrow Aedan, Hiro and I are headed up to Round Rock to hang out with my parents for the day. My plan is to leave right after breakfast and come back right before bedtime. Then Jon will be home around midnight and will have 4 days off!!

Now, is it Friday yet???

-Lauren-

No comments: