Aug 20, 2012

Show & Tell Monday

1. If you were searching for a home now, tell me what would be on your "MUST" list

Since we just bought our house 8 months ago, I thought I would just share a few things that were on our “must” list….an open floor plan, we love the kitchen and family room to be one big room (check), a separate study since Jon works from home (check), a good size master bath, we didn’t have that before and we needed it! (check), at least 3 bedrooms (check, we got 4), a good size backyard with shade (check). I could go on and on, but those things were all pretty high on our list and we got them all, plus a lot more!

2. Show me your favorite room in a home {either your home, or any home, i.e. kitchen}.

My favorite room in a home would probably have to be the family room. I love the causal feel of the room where people relax and spend time together. I love our living room, but I don’t love our furniture. If I had an unlimited budget our living room would have this look…

Ultimate Sectional #potterybarn 

(source)

3. If you could have any room redone, tell me which one would it be and what would you like done?

I don’t think I’d like to redo any of our room since our house was brand new when we bought it, but I would love to buy some new furniture for our living room and dining area. Both are much larger spaces than we had in our last home, and could use some bigger pieces. Some day…

4. Tell me where your favorite stores are to shop for home decor.

I am usually at Target at least once a week and I usually end up picking up something for our home there but if I am going shopping specifically for our house, I usually end up at Home Goods.

5. Show me your dream home {it can be your home, if you already have your dream home}

I love love love our new house and we plan to be here for a very long time, but there is a house I drive by on my way to Aedan’s sitter each week that is just perfect. It is in a really nice neighborhood on a large lot and there is no way we will ever be living in this part of town. But the house; it just looks perfect and it’s been for sale for the past 6 months…it can be yours if you have a few million sitting around. :)

3542 Lost Creek Blvd, Austin, TX 78735

3542 Lost Creek Blvd, Austin, TX 78735

-Lauren-

No comments: