Dec 31, 2011

A Look Back at 2011

For the last two years I posted the highlights from our year. You can check out the highlights from 2010 here and 2009 here.

In January, we had to find a new home for Aedan’s baby monitor, I did my tenth installment of things we loved, Aedan had his first experience being sick, poor baby, and we came up with a homemade baby gate.

IMG_4127

In February, I talked about some work changes here, here and here. Jon celebrated his 30th birthday, we had a snow day and Aedan showed off his laundry skills.

IMG_1693

In March, Jon and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary, Aedan turned 1 and had a few celebrations, I got a Nook Color (which I loved until I replaced it with my iPad), I talked about the baby things we loved/used the most during Aedan’s first year and Aedan showed off his love for books.

IMG_4491

In April, we Jon built a garden, Aedan said goodbye to bottles and hello to using spoons on his own.

IMG_4574

In May, my great aunt, Tia passed away and is still greatly missed by all. Aedan showed off his table manners and learned how to go out the doggie-door. Jon and I both did some traveling for work (although he went a lot farther away!), I celebrated my second Mother’s Day and shared some of our go-to dinner recipes.

In June, I shared a day-in-my-life for the days I go to see clients and for the days I work from home. Jon and I both did some more traveling and we showed off our growing garden (along with our little gardener).

_MG_5809

In July, we celebrated the 4th of July in Plano, Aedan showed off his dance moves and remembered how much he loved his bouncy seat.

_MG_5906

In August, I shared my favorite crockpot recipe and I refinished my grandparents’ old dresser for Aedan’s room. I thought about getting lasik and we had a little stay-cation and got to spend some time with Jon’s parents.

In September, we installed new floors, I bought myself an iPad (and LOVE it!), we went to Austin City Limits, Aedan officially became a toddler and came down with his first stomach bug.

_MG_6003

In October, we went up to Plano and took Aedan to the zoo and a pumpkin patch, I talked about a few things I love and did my first Pinterest project.

_MG_6105

In November, we bought our dream home and put our current home up for lease, recapped our Halloween celebrations, and I took Aedan to the Children's museum.

In December, we found a renter for our house and had to move out a little earlier than expected. We made it work and moved into our new house just before Christmas. I shared our Christmas card and recapped both our our Christmas celebrations here and here.

1

We have definitely had a full year and have been so blessed. I cannot wait to see what 2012 brings!

Happy New Year!

-Lauren-

No comments: