Sep 19, 2011

18 Months!

*So I wrote this about a week ago and thought I should probably post it before he turns 19 months!*

It has been awhile since I did a monthly update on Aedan. So I figured and 18 month update would be perfect.

It is official, Aedan is totally a toddler. What happened to my little baby??

S

I have to say he is so fun right now. Exhausting but fun! Check out this multi-tasking…

photo (5)

 

Aedan, here is what you have been up to lately…

  • You weigh 25.5 pounds which I think is right around the 50th percentile. I’m not sure how tall you are, but you have definitely had a growth spurt in the last couple of months.
  • You wake up around 7:30 am and go to bed around 7:30 pm. And I think you are finally down to one nap! You still take two naps on the days you go to the sitter’s house (because you don’t sleep as well over there). But on the days we are at home you nap from 12-2:30/3.
  • I don’t think you are a picky eater but some days I feel like you eat nothing and then other days I feel like you eat twice what you should. I guess it all evens out. Some of your favorites are pancakes, eggs (w/cheese), mango, strawberries, cranberries, spinach, cucumber, mac and cheese (really just cheese in general), chicken, beans and rice. And of course you still love your milk and juice.
  • You still love music (“nunic”) and will dance on command.
  • You love wrestling with daddy and chasing/crawling all over Hiro.
  • You love to help me sweep. I bought you a toy broom and you will get it out and ask me to sweep. You even pick up the kitchen rugs so we can do a thorough job!
  • You talk all the time! About a month ago I started counting your words and I stopped at 25 even though there are much more. Here is a handful of the things you say everyday…mommy, daddy, Hiro (“O”), doggie, birdie, book, ball, thank you, socks, shoes, out, cheese, grape, waffle, juice, hot, bye, hi, no, uh oh, nana, chair, hat, wow, moon (from goodnight moon), eyes, nose, baby, more, and this (when you want me to tell you the name of something). You also repeat just about anything we say.
  • You understand pretty much everything too and can follow instructions (when you want to). I taught you to throw your diapers away and give Hiro a treat (which you think is so fun).
  • You know your body parts, but like to point to them on other people vs. yourself.
  • You love building with you blocks, reading books, drive your cars, playing with your golf set and little people farm.
  • You love watching Baby Signing time and will sign along with them and say the words.
  • We started doing time out for things you know you are not supposed to do, like touching the TV or stereo. You have to sit in the hallway corner for 1 minute. You aren’t ever happy about it, but you will actually sit there until the timer goes off and I get you.
  • You still love to carry around your sheet protector (which we call num num). It goes with you everywhere.
  • You are a total ham and love to show off when people come over.

Aedan you are so much fun! We love you so much and are having so much fun watching you learn new things every day!

-Lauren-

No comments: