Sep 9, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Recap

M-kay, how did a whole week go bye without me posting anything?!?

We have had a pretty busy and I haven’t taken any pictures this week. I need to be better about that!

I guess should recap our Labor Day weekend.

Friday, after our eventful morning, we had a pretty uneventful afternoon/evening. We did a little shopping at the mall Friday night. I rarely go to the mall anymore, but we needed to find some new shoes for Aedan. I tried buying some from Old Navy and Gap but Aedan has wide feet so they didn’t fit well. I got him measured at Stride Rite and decided I didn’t like anything they had (I ended up ordering some from zappos.com, love the free shipping!). We decided to get dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. We had the Tostada Pizza and the Greek Pizza, both were delicious!

Saturday morning we went up to see my parents and grandmothers for brunch. Aedan had a blast being the center of attention! Jon and Aedan headed back for nap time and my mom, grandmother and I did a little shopping. We stopped by Bath and Body Works and my grandmother bought be some lotion. I am in love with the new Carried Away scent! Saturday evening my parents came over for dinner and we just relaxed at home.

Sunday we ran some errands and then had our friends Jason and Meredith over for dinner. We had a great time just hanging out.

Monday we headed to our favorite breakfast diner. I love that all the waitresses know us and don’t even bother giving us a menu. Aedan gets way too much attention from them and loves it!

It finally cooled down (read: it was below 100 degrees for the first time in 80 days!) on Monday so Jon and Aedan did some hiking with his friend Phillip and Hiro’s BBF Woodrow. I enjoyed a couple of hours home in a quiet house.

I realized that doesn’t happen much. There are plenty of times that I go somewhere and leave Aedan home with Jon, but rarely do I get to stay home without Aedan. It was nice, although, I wasn’t sure what to do with myself!

All in all we had a great weekend and I can’t believe it is Friday again (although I am pretty happy the weekend is here again!).

-Lauren-

No comments: