Sep 26, 2011

Our Weekend Update

This last weekend my sister came down for a visit. She actually got in on Thursday night, which was awesome because Jon was out of town most of last week and didn't get home until Friday.

Thursday night Kym helped me with Aedan and after he went to bed we watched some new TV shows (I love premiere week!!).

Friday morning Kym and I took Aedan to Gymboree and then ran a few errands. Kym went to have lunch with my grandmother while Aedan napped and I got some work done. By the time Aedan was awake (after a 3.5 hour nap!), Jon and Kym were back.

We decided to head down to Southpark meadows for the evening. We did a little shopping and then had dinner at Waterloo. I love how the patios of all the restaurants look out to a playground. Aedan loved watching all the kids play.

After dinner we stopped by Best Buy and I bought myself an iPad. I have been thinking about getting one for awhile and I think I am going to get lot of use out of it for work. I have been playing around on it ever since and I love it! I am looking for an app that will let me edit word documents, so if you know of a good one let me know! I am leaning towards quickoffice pro...

On Saturday, my sister and I got up bright and early and headed down to San Marcos to shop at the outlets. We got some good deals at Old Navy but weren't impressed by much else, plus it got super crowded pretty early. By the time we got home we were pretty tired so we just relaxed around the house for the afternoon.

Saturday night, Jon's half brother got married. Kym babysat while we went to the wedding. The wedding was at the Oasis overlooking Lake Travis. It was really pretty and very fun! We got to see a lot of people we hadn't seen in quite awhile. I'm glad we had my sister babysit because we didn't get home until midnight which would have made for a steep babysitting bill. Thanks Kym, I know Aedan had a blast!!

Sunday morning my parents came over for brunch on their way down to San Antonio. Jon had a soccer game at noon so I enjoyed a quiet afternoon while Aedan took another 3.5 hour nap. Jon came home with a pretty nasty bruise on his foot. Can you believe he played a whole game with that?


We ran some more errands Sunday evening and then just relaxed at home. All in all it was a great weekend, I just wish it wasn't still in the 100s outside (today's high was 104 I think!). I am not sure I am ever going to be able to wear the fall clothes I bought this weekend!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: