Oct 25, 2011

Trip to Plano

This past weekend we headed up to Plano to spend some time with my parents and sister. We had a jam-packed weekend, but it was so much fun!

We headed out Friday morning for a non-eventful 3.5 hour drive up I35. Check out these best buds…

photo 1

We got to Plano just in time for Jon to take a conference call,  so Aedan and I hung out until everyone got home/done with work. Once everyone was free, we walked down to the neighborhood park. Aedan had a blast swinging, going down the slides and following around my parent’s dog Ruby (“ru-beeeee” as Aedan calls her). After the park, it was home for a yummy dinner and a relaxing night around the house.

I took zero pictures on Saturday, I guess I was too busy enjoying myself. Oh well.

Saturday morning my mom, Aedan and I headed over to a huge consignment store. I stocked up on fall/winter clothes for Aedan and got 8 long sleeve shirts, 2 pairs of pants and a jacket for under $50, not bad! My mom picked up a couple of new toys for Aedan to play with at their house, which of course Aedan loved.

We all took a long afternoon nap and then got ready for a Halloween party. My parent’s best friends throw an amazing party every year. It was so fun to see old family friends. I have know most of the families since I was 5/6 years old and now most of us kids have our own kids, which is so fun to see. Aedan had a blast and may or may not have eaten more sugar than he has ever had before. He even got his first lollipop and was in love. Haha! We stayed out until his sugar high crashed and I think he was asleep about 5 minutes after we put him down.

Sunday morning we got up early and headed down to the Dallas Zoo. The weather was great and there was no one there first thing in the morning. Aedan had fun checking out all the animals and my mom and sister even rode a camel.

photo 1photo 2

We came home for lunch and a quick nap before going to meet our good friends Steven and Allison at a pumpkin patch. Aedan did pretty well until we were about to leave and trying to take a group picture. Then he lost it. Sigh, what can you do?

photo 4photo 3

We headed home for dinner and put Aedan to bed pretty early (he had a long day!). Once he was down, my dad, sister and her boyfriend, Jon and I headed down to a haunted house. I think it has been a good 8+ years since I have been to a haunted house. It was pretty fun and I think we are going to make it an annual tradition.

We were up early Monday morning to head home so Jon could get to work. As soon as we got home, I got everything unpacked, clothes washed and the house cleaned so I could be ready for the week.

We had such a fun weekend! It was great to see everyone and I know Aedan had a blast!


No comments: