Dec 5, 2011

Our Weekend and House Update

This past weekend, we headed up to Tyler to visit Jon’s parents. We had a great weekend but I didn’t take any pictures (fail).

We headed up Friday morning and made pretty good time. Aedan has become a really good traveler. He loves to read books or watch Bob the Builder or All About Airplanes on my iPhone. But what he loves to do most of all is say “mommy, mommy, Mommy, MOMMY”, then when I turn around and say “yes”, he points to something random, like his shoes, his book, a truck or tree outside, and labels it. It cracks me up. It is like it is the most important thing in the world and I have to look at it. :)

Jon’s parents live on some land with lots of animals. I think Aedan and Hiro were both in heaven. We got to see huge turkeys. Jon’s dad taught us how to do a turkey call that was hilarious. I took a video but apparently I did something wrong because  there is zero sound (second fail).

They also have a horse, a donkey, chickens, rabbits and goats. The donkey was hilarious and Aedan has been imitating his “he-ha” whenever I say donkey.

We had lots of fun hanging out playing games, even though Jon and his dad beat his mom and I at Sequence. Aedan had a blast with his cousin Jesse and all his fun toys.

Jon’s mom made me a birthday cake and we celebrated my birthday Saturday night. Jon’s parents gave me a recipe binder that will let me organize all the recipes that I print out online (so perfect) and a holiday baking cookbook that I can’t wait to try out.

We had a lot of fun, but we had to head back early Sunday because Jon had to work that afternoon. The weekend went by too fast!

Oh and an update on the house situation…

We found out last Tuesday, that we had someone put in an application. On Wednesday our realtor (which happens to be Jon’s sister – so great!) got all the info and did all the background work and everything looked great. We have gotten the deposit and will be signing the lease tomorrow. Yay!

The only downside is that she wants to move in by 12/17. Which is super soon!

We are planning to move up to my grandmother’s old house (my parents own it now and use it when they come to down) this coming weekend. We are so blessed that we have a place to stay while we finalize our close. Next week we will be doing any touch up work on our house so it is all ready for our new tenant!

All that to say, I may be a little MIA for a while!

-Lauren-

No comments: