Jul 17, 2012

Blogger 411 Link Up

Today I’m linking up today over at From Mrs. to Mama. She is hosting a fun 411 blog link up so go check out some other great blogs here!

The 411 Questions:

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?

I started blogging in June of 2008, so a little over 4  years ago! I started my blog mostly to make it easier for me to follow a few other blogs I liked to read. Then when we started trying to get pregnant with Aedan it took way longer than we thought it would. I found a lot of bloggers going through the same thing and it became a place for me to read about other’s experiences and for me to write about mine. Now my blog is what I use to document everything that goes on within our family. I think I opened Aedan’s baby book maybe twice in his first year, but I have tons of posts all about his first year and beyond on my blog. It has become our family scrapbook and I love it! I find myself reading my own archives from time to time and I love that I have a record of the big and small things that have happened in the past 4 years.


2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?

I started off at Baylor, but I finished my bachelors degree at the University of Texas at Dallas. My degree is in speech and language pathology and audiology. I went back and got my masters in special education with a specialization in autism/ABA at Texas State University. A few months after I graduated, I was able to sit for my board certification exam and am now a BCBA.


3. Where have you traveled?

I have done a lot of traveling throughout the US. Mostly with my family growing up. We took a trip just about every summer. I have been to Mexico a few times, but other than that I haven’t been out of the country. I’d like to go overseas someday, but I think it will be awhile before Jon and I have a chance to do that (although this past year, Jon has been to Amsterdam twice and Malaysia for work).


4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?

Probably a new car for Jon. His is on it’s way out and as soon as we pay off my car (which we are on track to do a year early!), that will be our next big purchase. Next on the list for me would probably be all the furniture/accessories I’d like to get for our new house.


5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?

I can not stand when people chew their food loudly. I hate watching movie scenes where you can hear people chewing, I mean come on, can’t they just turn down the mics at that part?

I hate when people will hold up a line cars in a parking lot waiting for someone to pull out of a specific parking space. Sure, I like parking close to the entrance and now that I have Aedan, the next best place is next to the cart return, but sometimes I think it would just be faster to find a spot a little further away and walk rather than wait forever for someone to pull out.

My last pet peeve would probably be a cluttered house. I’m a little OCD when it comes to house cleaning and with a toddler and a dog my house is far from perfect, but I have to pick up everything every night. I can’t stand waking up to stuff out everywhere or a dirty kitchen.


6. What is your favorite movie?

I love watching movies, but I am a person that tends to only watch a movie once. However, I love Life as a House. I don’t watch it often, but it is one I can watch again and again.


7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?

When I am not pregnant, I think I am more of a beer person. Jon and I like trying out all different kinds but my all time favorite is Duvel – so good! On the non-alcohol side, I love sweet tea.


8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

Probably blogging and reading blogs or reading a good book.


9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?

Target, hands down. I could decorate my entire house and pretty much buy all of our clothes there if I wanted to. Target is totally my weakness. :)


10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.

I’m sure there are many others, but in high school I was on the swim team. At the first meet of the season, I was on the diving block about to dive in. My toes started slipping and I remember thinking “come on just blow the start whistle already”. Unfortunately, they didn’t blow the whistle fast enough and I slipped down into the water. Nothing like a false start to start of the season.


11. What day would you love to relive again?

I’d have to say our wedding day. I loved everything about our wedding and would not change a thing (even though we had an outdoor wedding and it rained). It was such a fun day with the prospect of the beginning of a great life together. Loved every minute. You can see some pictures and read more about it here.


12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?

I have no idea. My life is not interesting enough to be turned into a movie. :)


13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?

I was a lifeguard all through high school and college. It was the best job ever. I got paid really well and got to hang out outside all summer. I got to work with all my friends and we always had a fun…probably too much fun, but I have some great stories and memories from the pool.


14. Show us a picture from high school or college.

I don’t have many scanned from high school or college but here is an early one of Jon and I. We were celebrating my 22nd birthday.

B-day 2

And here is one with a few of my good friends from college…

2012 Freshman Christmas


15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

This is tough, part of me would want to pick a beach or tropically location and the other would want to pick a most sight seeing historic location.


16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.

I just realized we don’t have any recent pictures of all three of us. I need to change this soon. We didn’t even have family pictures taken at Christmas this year because we were so busy with the move. Here is one with the three of us and my parents, sister and grandmothers.

_MG_6447

7. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?

We will have a 7 year old and a 4.5 year old so I am guessing my life will be driving to and from school and play dates, running errands and taking care of our house. Hopefully I will still be working for myself part time or be a stay at home mom. All in all it is right where I have always wanted to be. :)

No comments: