Nov 30, 2012

One Month!

Guess who is one month old today! I can’t believe it, well maybe at 2 am I can believe it, but still it has gone by pretty fast!

_MG_6917

Adelaide, here is what you have been up during your first few weeks…

  • You weigh 10 lbs. 4 oz. and are 20 inches long.
  • You wear size 1 diapers and as of today I packed up all the newborn size clothes so you are in all 0-3 month. The newborn onesies were getting a little tight, and the 3 month stuff is a little big but it works.
  • Your hair seems darker than Aedan’s, but it is still blonde. Your eyes are pretty blue so I am thinking they might stay blue just like his.
  • You eat about every 3 hours or so during they day, and usually give us two 4 hour stretches at night (although some nights not so much). Aedan was doing 8-9 hour stretches by 2 months, so you have a lot to live up to.
  • You nurse well and that is what we do the most, but I am determined to make sure you take a bottle (unlike Aedan) so you have at least one a day. Sometimes I pump for it and sometimes we give you formula. You definitely prefer the pumped milk which is fine, I am just glad you take the bottle!
  • You take most of your naps in your bedroom, but at night you sleep in our room. You are a pretty loud sleeper just like your brother so I think we are going to move you to your room soon. You sleep in your rock n play cradle, swaddled and on your side.
  • You would love it if we held you while you slept 100% of the time. You have a knack for popping your eyes open as soon as we put you down. Although starting today we let you fuss/cry for a while and you actually put yourself to sleep for one of your naps. You have a few more weeks, but pretty soon I am going to work on you putting yourself to sleep for all your naps.
  • I went back and read Aedan’s one month update and you seem to be about the same…you hate to be in your bouncy seat and the swing is pretty hit or miss. If you are asleep the swing is great, if you are awake…not so much. Basically you would just prefer to be held.all.day.long. By two months Aedan loved his bouncy seat, so I am hoping you follow suite.
  • Aedan told his preschool teachers that all you do is scream. Haha! You do have your moments, but overall I think you are quieter than he was as a newborn.
  • You have already had your first cold. I guess that is what happens when you are born in the fall/winter and have a 2.5 year old in the same house. You handled it pretty well and are totally over it now.
  • You have been on tons of walks this month, although you would never know it because you pretty much fall instantly asleep when I put you in the carrier.
  • Aedan really likes you except when you are crying. He loves to check on you and pat your head or belly. This week we started bathing you guys together and he is fine with it, except for the night you lost it and pretty much screamed the whole time I was bathing you. The next night he said he didn’t want to take a bath with you anymore. :)

Well baby girl, already one month old! I can’t wait to get to know you more and see what the rest of the year brings!

_MG_6970

-Lauren-

No comments: