Nov 14, 2012

Two Weeks Old!

We have been busy around here and I haven’t had a chance to get on my computer much at all.

I took Adelaide to her two week appointment yesterday and she is doing really well. She weighs 8 lbs. oz. now, which puts her just a little behind Aedan at the same time (I looked back and he was 8 lbs. 10 oz. at 2 weeks). It is so funny to me how nervous I was taking Aedan anywhere at this age. I think I had Jon come with me to his first three appointments, while I took Adelaide to her first appointment 3 days after she was born and to this one solo and it was completely fine.

I wake her up to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours during the day (if she is awake we do 2.5, if she is asleep we do 3). At night she usually goes two 4 hour stretches which is nice, but I am already ready for longer stretches. Hopefully she will be like her brother and give me 8-9 hour stretches by two months (which would be a wonderful Christmas present!). :)

Aedan is doing really well with her also. He loves to go and check on her when she is sleeping. We are working on going into her room quietly and luckily she isn’t too phased by much noise yet. He doesn’t like when she cries and if she gets really worked up like during a diaper change or something, he will start crying too. He loves to pat her feet and give her kisses on her head. For a 2 year old that is all boy and plays pretty rough, he has done a great job of always being gentle around her.

We tried out the swing for the first time yesterday and the only way she likes it is if she is swaddled up, which is exactly how Aedan was too.

20121113_123859

-Lauren-

No comments: