Nov 27, 2012

Life Lately

We haven’t been doing too much lately, just hanging around the house for the most part. Both Aedan and Adelaide had a cold last week, but I think everyone is feeling almost back to normal now.

Adelaide is 4 weeks old today, I am about to start writing her one month update which is hard to believe! She has been doing really well despite having a stuffy nose for the past week.

_MG_6862

We got the house decorated for Christmas over the weekend and now Aedan insists on turning on the Christmas tree lights as soon as he gets up each morning. He also picked out some Toy Story ornaments at Target and they are his current favorite toys.

We have been so blessed to have some friends and neighbors bring us meals over the past few weeks. Everything has been delicious and it has been so nice to not have to worry about dinner a couple of nights each week. A couple of weeks ago, one of our neighbors brought over minestrone soup. It was really good, so this last week I decided to make some for myself. I found this recipe online and it was really taste and pretty easy. It will definitely be in our normal meal rotation this winter.

Speaking of winter, while Aedan was at school this morning, Jon and I did a little shopping. I picked up some winter clothes for Aedan at Old Navy. I almost ordered some stuff yesterday for Cyber Monday but I am glad I didn’t because today I got 40% off in the store for using our Banana Republic card…I just need to find him a cute pair of jeans and I think he will be set for the season.

Jon did some shopping at Best Buy and picked me up a flip case for my new phone. I am still loving my new phone and the new case!

After that we did the grocery shopping for the week, picked Aedan up from school and just relaxed all afternoon. Aedan got woken up from his nap only an hour into it (he takes a 3 hour nap still every afternoon…he would probably sleep longer but I wake him up after 3 hours). They are finally finishing up the house next door and today they were drilling the spots for the fence posts. Nothing like a jack hammer going off out side your window during nap time. Sigh. Oh well, it meant for an early bedtime and once they get the fence up tomorrow, I think they will probably be completely finished outside so we don’t have to worry about construction noise during nap time anymore! Yay!

Since Jon is off work this week, he has been waking up with me when I get up to feed Adelaide. Last night we started watching the second session of Walking Dead. Adelaide usually gets up twice at night and it usually takes me about 30 minutes to feed her and put her back down so we watched half the show during the first feeding and finished it during the second feeding. I like the show, but the first episode was super gory and pretty intense. I was wide awake and had a hard time going to sleep after her first feeding…it may not be the best show to watch in the middle of the night. Ha!

Well, I think that about sums up what’s been happening over here. I can not believe it is already the last week in November! I guess I better get to Christmas shopping!!

-Lauren-

No comments: