Feb 18, 2013

Happy Birthday and Catching Up

Today is Jon’s birthday! I would tell him happy birthday on here, but he doesn’t read my blog. He tells me he doesn’t need to since he lives it. So true, but then he misses my wonderful writing. :) Anyway, he got a special card signed by all 4 of us…me, Aedan, Adelaide and Hiro.

This morning Aedan and I got up early (well, I should say I got up early, Aedan was already awake!) and headed into town to pick up donuts for breakfast. Aedan was super excited. He told me he wanted to eat all the donuts. Ha!

We all had breakfast together and then had to go back to our normal Monday routine. But my sister and her friend are coming down next weekend for a visit and have volunteered to babysit for the day on Saturday so we are planning to go out and celebrate then. Can’t wait!

Its been a while since I have posted, so here is what we have been up to these past few weeks…

  • The weekend before last, both my family and Jon’s family were in town. We got together with my parents and grandmothers for lunch on Saturday. Aedan had a blast, but Adelaide, not so much. She has reached the age were she can officially recognize people and she wasn’t too thrilled about being held by anyone other than mommy and daddy. She is also getting too old to fall asleep anywhere so she was a little grouchy. It may be awhile before we get to enjoy big get togethers outside of our house. It was still great to spend time with everyone.
  • On Sunday, we met Jon’s parents and extended family for brunch. They decided to meet at the Nutty Brown Café, which is super close to our house so it worked out nicely. Adelaide was a little better and fell asleep in her carseat just long enough for everyone to enjoy breakfast.
  • On Wednesday, Jon and I went out for Valentine’s Day (thanks for babysitting last minute Katelyn!). We had dinner at Jack Allen’s. It was so good and really nice to enjoy some time together alone without the Valentine’s day crowds.
  • While we were out, Adelaide decided not to take a bottle. Actually she had been slowly getting worse and worse about it all week. So that night, we decided enough was enough. We started bottle boot camp again that night when she woke up in the middle of the night…can someone tell my 16 week old it is time for her to sleep through the night?!?! She actually took the bottle just fine in the middle of the night and did pretty good the next day. Its been 5 days now, and we are officially on 100% bottles and 100% formula. I have to say, it is such a big stress relief! I had hoped to breastfeed her as long as I did Aedan (8 months), but we got Aedan to take bottles of breast milk and she just would not, so this is how it has to be.
  • On Saturday, I took Aedan to run some errands and left Adelaide at home with Jon (you know since I didn’t have to be there to feed her). I think it may have been the first time I had only taken Aedan out since Adelaide was born. It is so funny, how easy it is to shop with one kid, when you have two. We had fun wondering around Target for about an hour.
  • Sunday, we had some friends over for dinner and tried out a new pizza place near us. It was great to catch up with friends and the pizza was pretty good…a little pricy for the size, but good.
  • Now I am trying out a new coffee shop (lots of new places opening up near us!), getting some work done, catching up on blogging and planning Aedan’s birthday party…can’t believe he is going to be 3 in less than a month!!


No comments: